This is the first Oscars since 1989 to be host-free and it was certainly very enjoyable. Here is a recap of the best things that happened at the 91st Academy Awards.
1. Jason Momoa’s Pink Velvet Scrunchie
COVETEUR (@Coveteur) February 25, 2019
2. Chris Evans proved that he’s a real-life Captain America
Is he the “Best Chris” now? Maybe, but always remember this:
3. Melissa McCarthy and her bunny costume
She many not have won the Best Actress award for her role in Can You Ever Forgive Me?, but she wins for parodying The Favourite when she was presenting the Oscar for Best Costume Design with Brian Tyree Henry. And look at that cute hand puppet bunny 😍.
4. Emilia Clarke spoiling the final season of Game of Thrones
You are not supposed to spoil Season 8, Emilia twitter.com/usatodaylife/s…—
Kelly Lawler (@klawls) February 25, 2019
Okay, not really. But I just thought that tweet was funny.
5. “I can’t believe a film about menstruation just won an Oscar.”
Director Rayka Zehtabch gave one of the best quotes of the night, as she accepted the Oscar for Best Documentary (Short Subject) for Period. End Of Sentence.
6. Paul Rudd proving that he doesn’t age
Friendly reminder that Paul Rudd is 49 years old https://t.co/F0N4qDNEZl—
(@BuzzFeed) February 25, 2019
7. Samuel L. Jackson’s enthusiasm about BlacKkKlansman win
Just hear (from 0:03 to 0:13) how happy Samuel L. Jackson is for the team of BlacKkKlansman as they accept their Oscar for Best Writing Adapted Screenplay.
8. Olivia Colman’s existence
It was widely anticipated that Glenn Close would win the Oscar for Best Leading Actress for her role in The Wife, but Olivia Colman won instead for The Favourite—and that’s okay! Just watch her full acceptance speech—or rewatch it if you already caught the live telecast—because it’s hilarious!
For the full winners list click here! Till next time Oscars!